Tao Sheng Kwan-Gett, MD, MPH
Director, Northwest Center for Public Health Practice
Senior Lecturer, Health Services
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Public health practice; communicable disease epidemiology; health informatics
Tao Sheng Kwan-Gett became Director of the Northwest Center for Public Health Practice in March 2013. Before that he worked for 6 years as a medical epidemiologist in the communicable disease program at Public Health – Seattle & King County, where he helped oversee the day to day work of the disease investigation team. He also has several years’ experience working as a primary care pediatrician at Virginia Mason, during which he made annual volunteer trips to the Thai Burma border working with refugees and migrant workers from Burma. He served on the Public Health Informatics Institute workgroup, Redesigning Surveillance for an e-Health World.
- Kwan-Gett TS, Baer A, Duchin JS. Spring 2009 H1N1 influenza outbreak in King County, Washington. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2009 Dec;3 Suppl 2:S109-16.
- Pina J, Turner A, Kwan-Gett T, Duchin J. Task analysis in action: the role of information systems in communicable disease reporting. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2009 Nov 14;2009:531-5.
- Taylor JA, Kwan-Gett TS, McMahon EM Jr. Effectiveness of a parental educational intervention in reducing antibiotic use in children: a randomized controlled trial. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Jun;24(6):489-93.
- Taylor JA, Kwan-Gett TS, McMahon EM Jr. Effectiveness of an educational intervention in modifying parental attitudes about antibiotic usage in children. Pediatrics. 2003 May;111(5 Pt 1):e548-54.
- Kwan-Gett TS, Lozano P, Mullin K, Marcuse EK. One-year experience with an inpatient asthma clinical pathway. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997 Jul;151(7):684-9.
- Tarczy-Hornoch P, Kwan-Gett TS, Fouche L, Hoath J, Fuller S, Ibrahim KN, Ketchell DS, LoGerfo JP, Goldberg HI. Meeting clinician information needs by integrating access to the medical record and knowledge resources via the Web. Proc AMIA Annu Fall Symp. 1997:809-13.