Mark Del Beccaro, MD, FAAP
Professor, Department of Pediatrics
Adjunct Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Using clinical databases to measure and improve health care outcomes and resource utilization, improve patient safety and decrease readmission. Clinical standard work (see publication Peds Mar 2016).
Undergraduate education (BS in Biologic Sciences) at Stanford University, MD degree from the University of Washington (Seattle). Completed both a Pediatric residency and was the Chief Resident in Pediatrics at the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s Hospital. Was the CMIO at Seattle Children’s and has over 15 years experience in clinical systems selection, design, and implementation. Involved in numerous national Health IT groups including HL-7, past co-chair of CCHIT Inpatient group and past Chair of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Clinical Information Technology (COCIT) Executive Committee.
- Del Beccaro MA, Jeffries HE, Eisenberg MA, Harry ED. Computerized provider order entry implementation (CPOE): No association with increased mortality rates in an intensive care unit (ICU). Pediatrics 2006;118:290-295.
- Bailey LC, MD, Milov DE, Kelleher K, Kahn M, Del Beccaro MA, Yu F, Richards T, Forrest CB. Multi-Institutional Sharing of Electronic Health Record Data To Assess Childhood Obesity. PLOS ONE 8(6): e66192. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0066192
- Forrest CB, Margolis PA, Bailey LC, Marsol K, Del Beccaro MA, Finkelstein JA, Milo DE, Vieland VJ, Wolf BA, Yu F, Kahn MG. PEDSnet: a National Pediatric Learning Health System. J Am Med Inform Assoc. May 13, 2014
- Gay JC, Agrawal R, Auger KA, Del Beccaro, MA, et al. Rates and Impact of Potentially Preventable Readmissions at Children’s Hospitals. Journal of Pediatrics. Dec 2, 2014
- Lion KC, Wright DR, Spencer S, Zhou C, Del Beccaro MA, Mangione-Smith R. Standardized Clinical Pathways for Hospitalized Children and Outcomes. Pediatrics Mar 2016, DOI: 10.1542/peds.2015-1202