Apply to the BHI MS & PhD Program
Annual Application Deadlines:
MS applications are due Dec. 1, 2024, 11:59PM Pacific Time, USA for Autumn 2025 admission.
PhD applications are due Dec. 1, 2024, 11:59PM Pacific Time, USA for Autumn 2025 admission.
The application will open on September 15, 2024.
Please review our admission requirements before beginning your application.
All application materials, including test scores and recommendation letters, must be received by the deadline in order for the application to be considered.
Domestic and International Applicants must complete the online Graduate School Application and pay the $85 application fee.
The following materials are to be submitted through the online application:
- Personal statement – see detailed instructions here.
- Unofficial transcripts (Applicants will be required to submit official transcripts once admitted)
- List of completed prerequisites
- Three letters of recommendation
- The UW Graduate School online application cannot accept letters via Interfolio or from your recommenders’ Interfolio email. Recommenders will be emailed a link at which they are asked to complete a questionnaire and upload their letter (maximum 500KB).
- Test scores – GRE & TOEFL (if needed)
- Report GRE/TOEFL scores to UW institution code 4854. There is no department code. Note that it will take several business days after you have submitted your application for your reported scores to be shown as received on your application status page.
- If you have taken other tests (MCAT/GMAT/DAT), those may be listed at the end of the personal statement. MCAT: Please note that our program does not use AMCAS, so MCAT scores must be sent electronically through the AAMC Score Reporting System to “University of Washington School of Medicine.” GMAT: Official scores must be sent electronically to University of Washington, School of Medicine, Biomedical and Health Informatics MS or PhD program. DAT: Official scores must be requested online through the DAT Score Report Request option on the DAT homepage.
- The Ph.D. and M.S. application processes are for Autumn quarter matriculation only.
- Candidates are asked to upload all sections of the online application prior to application submission. Once an application is submitted, it is difficult for the department to enter changes and/or updates.
- The application is an entirely online process. Candidates must submit electronic copies of all application materials where requested in the online application.
- All application materials must be received in the appropriate office or submitted via the online application by 11:59 PM the day of the deadline in order to be considered for admission. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Applicants are responsible for confirming that uploaded transcripts and other documents are legible.
- Applicants are responsible for checking their application status page online to confirm that their test scores and recommendation letters have been received.
- The GRE must be taken in time for the scores to arrive by the deadline (at least 15 days in advance).
- It will take several business days for the application system to make an automatic link between your test scores and your application. If your test scores do not appear on your application several business days after submitting your application, please follow up with ETS to confirm that your scores were sent. Please then contact the Graduate School at email@example.com or 206-685-2630 to ensure that they are linked to your application. If your name and date of birth on your application do not match the information on your scores, the online application system cannot make an automatic link and will require a manual correction by the Graduate School.
- Do NOT mail application materials to the department.
For additional details on online application requirements and supporting materials, visit the Graduate School’s website. If you are interested in applying to be a Graduate Non-Matriculated (GNM) student in our program, please see information here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Video: Welcome to Life in Seattle
Please be sure to also view our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Any questions about the application process can be directed to email@example.com.