Skip to main content

Graduate Student Resources

BHI students access academic forms, full department policies and procedures, and other resources on the BHI Graduate Student Resources page hosted on Canvas (access restricted to current BHI graduate students and faculty only).


Campus Resources

The UW Career and Internship Center offers workshops, resume help, career advice, job search advice, HuskyJobs listings, employer interviews and more.

The UW Counseling Center  is a mental health resource staffed by psychologists and mental health counselors who provide developmentally-based counseling, assessment, and crisis intervention services.

UW International Student Services provides support specific to international students including work, visas, travel and more.

UW Housing 

Graduate Student Resources

The Graduate School website provides important information for graduate students and postdocs including degree requirements, policies and procedures, information on fellowships, assistantships, and awards, and resources for professional development. Students are responsible for reviewing their policies and procedures, especially pertaining to degree completion.  Find extensive information on fellowships and grants!

GPSS is the official student government for graduate and professional students at the University of Washington. GPSS is comprised of two senators from each degree-granting department, four officers, and several staff members. GPSS represents students to the University and the Legislature, funds graduate programming, and hosts regular social events.  They also offer travel funding.

GO-MAP, the Graduate Opportunities & Minority Achievement Program, offers various resources, funding, opportunities, and events geared toward underrepresented minority graduate students. Their events are open to all graduate students, especially those interested in maintaining and increasing a racially diverse graduate student population and wishing to network with graduate students of color.

Registration and Enrollment

Registration is done online through MyUW.  Registration dates for each quarter are provided in the University’s academic calendar.  When registering for research credits such as BHI 600 (Research), 700 (Thesis) or 800 (Dissertation),  please request your advisor’s faculty code from the Graduate Program Advisor once you’ve obtained faculty permission to register for research credits.

Graduate students must be enrolled on a full-time, part-time, or official On-Leave basis throughout their entire program.  Alert your faculty advisor and the Graduate Program Advisor if you plan to go on leave. To request on-leave status, review the policy and request instructions here:

Graduate School On-Leave Policy

Graduate School On-Leave Request 

Graduate School Funding

Graduate Assistantships

Office of Fellowships and Awards

Office of Student Financial Aid 

GO-MAP Diversity Funding 

Graduate Funding Information Service (GFIS) Blog

Graduate Student Employment

UW Student Employment 

GAIP Health Insurance 

Graduate Student Union

Salary Information 

Student Travel Resources and Policies

UW Travel Policies

UW Global Travel Policies, International Travel Registry and Emergency Resources 

GSFEI Travel Awards

GPSS Travel Funding

Find the BHI Travel Procedures for all BHI students, including specific travel procedures for NLM Trainees, in the BHI Graduate Student Resources page.