Research focusing on the design, usability, and evaluation of consumer health information technologies, including mobile applications, wearable devices, and healthcare robotics; health education and behavior change interventions; games for health; human factors
- BS in Business Administration (Major: Marketing, Minor: Economics), MHSE and PhD in Health Education and Behavior from the University of Florida
- National Library of Medicine Medical Informatics Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Washington School of Medicine within BIME
Evaluation and usability of consumer health information technologies and assistive technologies to improve health outcomes, medical decision-making, and promote health behavior change of older adults; Consumer Health Informatics
- Sr. Human Factors Engineer at Physio-Control, now a part of Stryker
- Medical and Drug Delivery Devices Committee Member: International Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care
- Backonja, U., Chi, NC., Choi,Y., Hall, A.K., Le, T., Kang, Y., & Demiris, G. Visualization approaches to support healthy aging: A systematic review. Journal of Innovation in Health Informatics. 2016; 23(3). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.14236/jhi.v23i3.860.
- Hall, A. K., Cole-Lewis, H., & Bernhardt, J. M. Mobile text messaging for health: A systematic review of reviews. Annual Review of Public Health. 2015; 36, 393-415. doi: 10.1146/annurev-publhealth-031914-122855.
- Backonja, U., Hall, A. K., & Thielke, S. M. Older adults’ current and potential uses of information technologies in a changing world: A theoretical perspective. International Journal of Aging and Human Development. 2015; 80(1), 41-63.
- Hall, A. K., Mercado, R., Anderson-Lewis, C., Darville, G., & Bernhardt, J. M. How to design tobacco prevention and control games for youth and adolescents: A qualitative analysis of expert interviews. Games for Health Journal. 2015. doi: 10.1089/g4h.2015.0013.
- Hall, A. K., Bernhardt, J. M., Dodd, V., & Vollrath, M. W. The Digital Health Divide: Evaluating Online Health Information Access and Use Among Older Adults. Health Education & Behavior: The Official Publication of the Society for Public Health Education. 2015;42(2), 202–209. http://doi.org/10.1177/1090198114547815.
- Hall, A. K., Dodd, V., Harris, A., McArthur, K., Dacso, C, & Colton, M. L.. Heart failure patients’ perceptions and use of technology to manage disease symptoms. Telemedicine and e-Health. 2014; 20(4), 324-331.
- Hall, A. K., Chavarria, E., Maneeratana, V., Chaney, B., Bernhardt, J. M. Health benefits of digital videogames for older adults: A systematic review of the literature. Games for Health Journal. 2012;1(6), 402-410. doi:10.1089/g4h.2012.0046.
- Hall, A. K., Stellefson, M., & Bernhardt, J. M. Healthy aging 2.0: the potential of new media and technology. Preventing Chronic Disease Journal. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd9.110241.