The next admissions cycle for postdoctoral training fellowships is for the 2019-20 academic year. Prospective applicants for a postdoctoral fellowship should contact the program office by April 15, 2019, to indicate their interest. This should be in the form of an email to email@example.com and is to include the following:
- Applicant’s interest
- Applicant’s contact information (address, phone, email)
- Names of three recommenders including contact information (address, phone, email)
- Three letters of recommendation: Your recommenders should email statements separately to firstname.lastname@example.org that speak to your potential and ability to engage in solid independent research. We generally expect attached PDFs of these letters of recommendation, but we also accept hard copy letters (mailed to the program office at address below).
- Current CV
- Personal statement: The personal statement should be a comprehensive narrative essay of three pages or less outlining significant aspects of your academic and personal history, particularly those that provide context for your academic achievements and educational choices. Categories to include: why you’re applying, what you intend to do during postdoctoral studies, your research experience to date, faculty members you would like to work with. Please also incorporate your academic history, degree and career goals, cultural understanding, educational challenges, personal hardships, etc.
- Undergraduate and graduate official transcripts sent directly to our program office at email@example.com or the mailing address below.
Note that eligibility for these fellowships is limited to US citizens and permanent residents.
(US Postal Service only)
Attention: Graduate Program Advisor
Biomedical and Health Informatics
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195