Clinical informatics; Human-Computer Interaction; Information Architecture; Information Visualization; Population Health.
Received his BA and MS in Biology from University of California, Los Angeles and his MD from Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana. After completing a Pediatric residency at Seattle Children’s Hospital, worked as a community general pediatrician as well as informatics physician at Seattle Children’s, focusing on ambulatory CPOE, health information exchange, as well as electronic health record design. After six years, pursued additional clinical training, and completed a fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology at Seattle Children’s as well as obtained a Masters degree in Information Management at the Information School at The University of Washington. A member of the first cohort to obtain board certification in Clinical Informatics.
Understanding the information needs of clinicians and patients, and exploring how novel clinical tools support these information needs and aid in decision making.
- Miller, A.D., Pollack, A.H., Pratt, W. “Bursting the Information Bubble: Identifying Opportunities for Pediatric Patient-Centered Technology.” AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings. Vol. 2016.
- Pollack, A.H., Miller, A.D., Mishra, S., Pratt, W. “PD-atricians: Leveraging Physicians and Participatory Design to Develop Novel Clinical Information Tools.” AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings. Vol. 2016.
- Haldar, S., Filipkowski, A., Mishra, S.R., Brown, C.S, Elera, R.G, Pollack, A.H., Pratt, W. “’Scared to go to the Hospital’: Inpatient Experiences with Undesirable Events.” AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings 2016. Nov 12-16
- Pollack, A., Backonja, U., Miller, A.D., Mishra, S., Khelifi, M., Kendall, L., Pratt, W. “Closing the Gap: Supporting Patients’ Transition to Self-Management after Hospitalization.” Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2016). San Jose, California. May 7-12, 2016.
- Mishra, S., Haldar, S., Pollack, A., Kendall, L., Miller, A.D., Khelifi, M., Pratt, W. “‘Not Just a Receiver’: Understanding Patient Behavior in the Hospital Environment.” Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2016). San Jose, California. May 7-12, 2016.
- Miller, A. D., Mishra, S., Kendall, L., Haldar, S., Pollack, A., Pratt, W. “Partners in Care: Design Considerations for Caregivers and Patients During a Hospital Stay.” Proceedings of the 19th ACM conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing – CSCW ’16, San Francisco, California, February 27-March 2, 2016.
- Pollack, A.H., Tweedy, C.G., Blondon, K., Pratt, W. Knowledge Crystallization and Clinical Priorities: Evaluating How Physicians Collect and Synthesize Patient-Related Data. AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings. 2014 Nov 17. 2014: 1874-1883.