Anne Turner, MD, MLIS, MPH, FACMI
Public health informatics, use of machine translation and natural language processing to improve communication with Limited English Proficiency populations, public health information workflow, evaluation of public health information system.
Public health informatics research (>10 years); library and information science research (>15 years); and clinical pediatrics (>20 years).
The use of natural language processing and machine translation to improve access to public health information; health information needs and workflow; task analysis; use of GIS for preparedness planning and targeting interventions; evaluation of public health information systems; public health grey literature.
- Turner AM, Liddy ED, Bradley J, Wheatley J. Modeling public health interventions for improved access to the public health grey literature. J Med Libr Assoc 2005;93(4):487-94.
- Revere D, Turner AM, Madhaven AM, Rambo N, Bugni P, Kimbal A, Fuller S. Understanding the information needs of publich health professionals: A literature review to inform design of an interactive digital knowledge management system. J Biomed Inform 2007;40(4):410-421.
- Turner, A.M., Kirchhoff, K. and Capurro, D. Using crowdsourcing technology for testing multilingual public health promotion materials. Jour Med Internet Res. 2012; 14(3):e79.
- Turner AM, Ramey J, Lee S. Connecting public health IT systems with enacted work: Report of an ethnographic study. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2008;Nov 6:737-41.
- Kirchhoff K, Turner AM, Axelrod A, Saavedra F. Statistical Machine Translation of Public Health Information: A Feasibility Study. JAMIA 2011;18(4):473-478.