Brenda Zierler, PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health System
Co-Director, Center for Health Sciences Interprofessional Education, Practice and Research
Associate Director, Institute for Simulation and Interprofessional Studies
Adjunct Professor, Department of Surgery, Vascular Division
Adjunct Professor, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health
Adjunct Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Biomedical and health informatics
- Demiris G, Zierler B. (2010) Integrating problem-based learning in a nursing informatics curriculum. Nurse Education Today; 30:175–179.
- Zierler B, Ross B, Liner D. (2010) The Macy Interprofessional Collaborative Project, The University of Washington. Journal of Allied Health; 39(3):e131-132.
- Lee JA, Zierler BK, Liu CF, Chapko M. (2011) Cost-effective diagnostic strategies in patients with a high, intermediate, or low clinical probability of pulmonary embolism. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery; 45(2) 113-121.
- Wolpin SE, Lee J, Glenny R, Wolf F, Zierler B. (2011) Evaluation of Online Training on the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery; 45(2):146-156.
- Jaff MR, McMurtry MS, Archer SL, Cushman M, Goldenberg N, Goldhaber SZ, Jenkins JS, Kline JA, Michaels AD, Thistlethwaite P, Vedantham S, White RJ, Zierler BK; American Heart Association Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation; American Heart Association Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease; American Heart Association Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. (2011) Management of massive and submassive pulmonary embolism, iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis, and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation; 123(16):1788-1830.
- Nguyen D, Nguyen H, Zierler BK. (2011) A Survey of Nursing Faculty Needs for Training in Use of New Technologies for Education and Practice. Journal of Nursing Education; 50(4):181-189.
- Abu-Rish, E. Kim, S., Choe, L., Varpio, L., Malik, E., White, A.A., Craddick, K., Blondon, K, Robins, L, Nagasawa, P, Thigpen, A, Chen, L.L., Rich, J., Zierler, B. (2012) Current trends in interprofessional education of health sciences students: A literature review. Journal of Interprofessional Care: Early Online: 1–8.
- Brock D, Abu-Rish E, Chiu CJ, Hammer D, Wilson S, Vorvick L, Blondon K, Schaad D, Liner D, Zierler B. (2013) Interprofessional education in team communication: Working together to improve patient safety. BMJQS; 0:1-10.