Craig Scott, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Mind/body medicine, medical student stress management, performance-based teaching and evaluation (including TBL, PBL, flipped classrooms, objectively-structured clinical examinations and standardized patients), medical school admissions, international medical education, and assessment of scientific innovations of National Science Foundation research centers
Mind/body medicine, evaluation of scientific innovation, medical students stress management, performance-based teaching and evaluation (including TBL, PBL, flipped classrooms, objectively-structured clinical examinations and standardized patients), clinical skills development and assessment, medical school admissions, international medical education, and assessment of outcomes of National Science Foundation research centers. He recently produced and directed a video for the National Science Foundation entitled “Catalysts for Innovation” recently completed work on the 6th edition of the Compendium of Industry-Nominated Technological Breakthroughs of NSF’s IUCRC Research Centers.
- Finkelstein C, Lan YL, Brownstein A, Scott CS. Anxiety/Stress Reduction in Medical Education: An Intervention. Med Educ 2007;Mar 41(3):258-64.
- Booth-LaForce C, Scott CS, Heitkemper MM, Cornman BJ, Lan MC. CAM Attitudes and Competencies of Nursing Students and Faculty: Results of Integrating CAM into the Nursing Curriculum. J Prof Nsg 2010;Sept-Oct 26(5):293-300.
- Abernethy, NF, Nagasawa PR, Gibbs PJ, Scott CS. Mentorship Networks to Support Multidisciplinary Science. Social Network Analysis Network, 2011.
- Losh D, Ambrozy D, Cunningham M, Struijk J, Scott C, Adding value to OSCEs by providing real-time clinician feedback. Medical Educator. (2013).
- Scott CS, Nagasawa PR, Abernethy NF, Ramsey BW, Martin PJ, Hacker BM, Schwartz HD, Brock DM, Robins LS, Wolf FM, Disis ML. Expanding Assessments of Translational Research Programs: Supplementing Metrics with Value Judgments. Eval Health Prof.37(1) 2014, 83-97.
- Kempainen RR, Hess BJ, Addrizzo-Harris DJ, Schaad DC, Scott CS, Carlin BW, Robert C. Shaw RC, Duhigg L, Rebecca S. Lipner Pulmonary and critical care in-service training examination score as a predictor of board certification examination performance, Am Thorasic Society Annals, 10(1) 2016.
- Scott CS (Ed). Industry-Nominated Technological Breakthroughs of National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers (6th edition) (2016). National Science Foundation, Industry-University Cooperative Research Program. Arlington, Virginia. (http://faculty.washington.edu/scottcs/NSF/2016/nsf2016.html)