Meliha Yetisgen, PhD
Statistical natural language processing, text mining, information retrieval
PhD in Information Science (University of Washington), MSc in Computer Engineering (Middle East Technical University), BSc in Computer Engineering (Bilkent University)
Statistical natural language processing, bio-medical text mining and information retrieval.
Currently accepting new MS, PhD, and Post-doc students.
- Yetisgen-Yildiz M, Glavan BJ, Xia F, Vanderwende L, Wurfel MM. Identifying patients with pneumonia from Free Text Intensive Care Unit Reports. In Proceedings of Learning from Unstructured Clinical Text Workshop of ICML ‘2011. Bellevue, WA, July, 2011.
- Yetisgen-Yildiz M, Gunn ML, Xia F, Payne TH. Automatic Identification of Critical Fellows Up Recommendation Sentences in Radiology Reports. In Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association Fall Symposium (AMIA’11). Washington DC, October, 2011.
- Luo Z, Yetisgen-Yildiz M, Weng C. Dynamic Categorizatiion of Clinical Research Eligibility Criteria by Hierarchical Clustering. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2011 (Accepted).
- Yetisgen-Yildiz M, Solti I, Xia F, Halgrim SR. Preliminary experiments with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk for Annotating Medical Named Entities. Proceedings of Creating Speech and Language Data with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Workshop of NAACL’2010, 2010.
- Yetisgen-Yildiz M, Pratt W. A New Evaluation Methodology for Literature Based Discovery. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2009, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp 633-643.