Pamela Nagasawa, PhD
Assistant Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
Educating a diverse workforce—priming students to serve rural, underserved, and culturally diverse patient populations; Impact assessment— student learning, institutional effectiveness, medical education
Curricular design, implementation, and assessment
Instruction in the teaching and learning of science
Rural and/or Underserved Oral Health Workforce Grant. Montana Initiative in Regional Dental Education. Development & expansion of dental education opportunities to support workforce pipeline into rural &/or underserved areas. (HRSA – OHWA)
Long-distance education. Oversee dental student educational activities related to serving a diverse patient population during clinical rotations in rural and/or underserved communities.
- Institutional effectiveness through longitudinal data (learning environments, curricular change, cultural diversity)
- Program evaluation (creating infrastructure and CQI)
- Comparative outcomes trends
- Abu-Rish, E., Choe, L., Varpio, L., Malik, E., White, A., Craddick, K., Blondon, K., Robbins, L., Nagasawa, P., Thigpen, A., Chen, L., Rich, J., and Zierler, B. (2012). Current Trends in Interprofessional Education of Health Sciences Students: A Literature Review. Journal of Interprofessional Care, Aug, pp. 1-8.
- Scott, C., Nagasawa, P. R., Abernethy, N.F., Ramsey, B.W., Martin, P.J., Hacker, B.M., Schwartz, H.D., Brock, D.M., Robins, L.S., Wolf, F.M., Carter-Dubois, M., Disis, M.L. (2014). Expanding Assessments of Translational Research Programs: Supplementing Metrics with Value Judgments. Evaluation and the Health Professions, 37(1): 83-97.
- Feng, X., Mugayar, L., Perez, E., Nagasawa, P.R., Brown, D.G., Behar-Horenstein, L.S. (2016) Students’ Knowledge of Resources for LGBT Persons. (Accepted, Journal of Dental Education, June 2016).