Valerie Daggett, PhD
Adjunct Professor, Biochemistry
Adjunct Professor, Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
B.A. Reed College, PhD UCSF, Postdoctoral Fellow, Standord University
Data management and representation, database, mining techniques, visual analytics, structural bioinformatics, protein folding and design, single-nucleotide polymorphisms, amyloid diseases, and dynameomics.
30 yrs molecular modeling and biophysical studies of proteins/peptides. Dr. Daggett is on the editorial boards of Biochemistry, Structure, and Current Opinion in Structural Biology. Senior Editor: Protein Engineering, Design, and Selection. Founding member of the Biomolecular Structure and Design Program (now BPSD). Biophysical Society Fellow, 2011, Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, elected 2017.
- Van der Kamp M.W., Schaeffer R.D., Jonsson A.L., Scouras A.D., Simms A.M., Toofanny R.D., Benson N.C., Anderson P.C., Merkley E.D., Rysavy S., Bromley D., Beck D.A.C., and Daggett V. Dynameomics: A Comprehensive Database of Protein Dynamics. Structure 18:423-435, 2010.[DOI]
- Schaeffer R.D, Jonsson A.L., Simms A.M., and Daggett V. Generation of a Consensus Protein Domain Dictionary. Bioinformatics 27:46-54, 2011. [DOI]
- Toofanny, R.D., Simms, A.M., Beck, D.A.C. and V. Daggett, Implementation of 3D spatial indexing and compression in a large-scale molecular dynamics simulation database for rapid atomic contact detection. BMC Bioinformatics, 12:334, 2011. [DOI]
- Benson, N.C. and V. Daggett, Wavelet Analysis of Protein Motion. Int. J. Wavelets, Multiresol. Info. Processing, 10:1250040, 2012. [DOI]
- Simms, A.M. and V. Daggett, Protein simulation data in the relational model. J. of Supercomp. In press: 1-24, 2011. [DOI]
- Benson N.C. and Daggett V. A Comparison of Multiscale Methods for the Analysis of Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 116, 8722-8731, 2012. [DOI]
- Benson N.C. and Daggett V. A Chemical Group Graph Representation for Efficient High-Throughput Analysis of Atomistic Protein Simulations. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology 10:1250008-1250024, 2012. [DOI]