Thomas Payne, MD
The use of the electronic health records in patient care, clinical research, and quality improvement
Notes in electronic records, methods to create them and their content
Medicine & 29 years medical informatics. Dr. Payne is the Medical Director, Information Technology Services, UW Medicine. Under his leadership VA Puget Sound received a 2000 Nicholas E. Davies CPR Recognition Award of Excellence. Serves as AMIA Board Chair.
Use and evaluation of computer-based medical records in patient care clinical research, and quality improvement with current focus on electronic documentation, computerized practitioner order entry, and natural language processing
- Payne TH. The electronic health record as a catalyst for quality improvement in patient care. Heart. 2016 Aug 8.
- Payne TH, Corley S, Cullen TA, et al. Report of the AMIA EHR-2020 Task Force on the status and future direction of EHRs. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2015 Sep;22(5):1102–10.
- Payne TH. Electronic health records and patient safety: Should we be discouraged? BMJ Qual Saf. 2015 Apr;24(4):239–40.
- Payne TH, Bates DW, Berner ES, et al. Healthcare information technology and economics. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association: JAMIA. 2013 Mar–Apr;20(2):212–7.
- Payne TH, Detmer DE, Wyatt JC, Buchan IE. National-scale clinical information exchange in the United Kingdom: Lessons for the United States. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association: JAMIA. 2011 18(1):91–8.